cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

Active duty military stationed overseas. married joint filing. I'm florida resident. wife is california resident and unemployed.do we need to file california state tax?

Is a 1099-div or 1099-int considered a source of income?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 1

Active duty military stationed overseas. married joint filing. I'm florida resident. wife is california resident and unemployed.do we need to file california state tax?

If your wife had no California source income, no filing is required.  If she received unemployment from the state of California, that is not reportable as California does not tax unemployment benefits.  

Thank you for your service to our country!

3 Replies
Level 1

Level 1

No, interest and dividends received while a resident of California are not considered CA source income.
Level 1

If your wife had no California source income, no filing is required.  If she received unemployment from the state of California, that is not reportable as California does not tax unemployment benefits.  

Thank you for your service to our country!