Active Duty Military and State Taxes

My spouse is Active Duty Military and stationed outside our home of record. I moved to be with him in January and only worked in our home of record (TN) for 8 days in 2016. I submitted our taxes but did not file State Taxes, only federal. I looked for info on the TN tax site linked from TurboTax but couldn't find any that stated we needed to file State Taxes. But now I'm nervous and scared I may have done something wrong, what should I do?

Active Duty Military and State Taxes

Yes, you are fine.  Tennessee has no state income tax on income and does not require you to file a return.  Also, if you (the spouse) take on a job in the future where you are stationed with your husband, you will want to let them know you are a Tennessee resident because of MSRRA (see the FAQ at the bottom for more information).  You will not have to pay state tax anywhere where your husband is stationed while in the military as long as you are Tennessee residents.

Active Duty Military and State Taxes

Tennessee does not tax individuals' earned income, so you are not required to file an individual Tennessee tax return.