I’m filing Married Separately, how do I handle my ... - Intuit Turbo Real Money Talk

Intuit
,Created with Sketch.13 helpful votes

I’m filing Married Separately, how do I handle my 1095-A?

If you received a 1095-A and your filing status is married filing separately, you won’t be eligible for the Premium Tax credit and you'll have to pay back some or all of any advanced payments you received (amounts in column C of your 1095-A).

There is an exception that deals with domestic violence or spousal abandonment and we'll ask if you are eligible for this exception.

After you enter the details of your 1095-A we'll figure out how much you have to pay back of any advance payments you received.

If your 1095-A lists a family member that is on your spouse’s tax return, follow these guidelines:

• Enter your 1095-A.
  • On the Do any of these situations apply? screen, check the box for Shared this policy with another taxpayer who is not on my taxes.
  • On the next screen, enter your spouse’s social security number
  • Enter the start month and stop month that you and family members on your return had the insurance
  • Enter 50% for Your Premium Percentage, Your SLCSP Percentage, and Your Advanced payment of PTC Percentage.

Enter this same percentage on your spouse's tax return as well.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in