turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have rental properties held in a single-member LLC. Am I supposed to report under a separate Schedule C or use the "Rental Properties and Royalties" component?

Under Business Income and Expenses, it doesn't let me add my properties as Business Assets. But if I start to work in the Rental Properties and Royalties section, it presumes that the property belongs to me instead of my LLC.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ChelsiE2

I have rental properties held in a single-member LLC. Am I supposed to report under a separate Schedule C or use the "Rental Properties and Royalties" component?

You should input this information under the Rental Properties and Royalties section.  Make sure you delete the input under the Business Income/Expense section so that you're not taxed twice on this income.

Under Property Description you can write the name of your LLC that holds the property.

If my LLC owns multiple properties, do I add them as depreciable assets within my LLC on schedule E?r
Baboozled

Same question. Doing multiple properties makes knowing where the common expenses go difficult.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies