turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jonff76

Do I enter the short term gains or losses from the brokerage statement. I do not have a 1099, but information from by broker. If it is an IRA, do I even need to bother

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I enter the short term gains or losses from the brokerage statement. I do not have a 1099, but information from by broker. If it is an IRA, do I even need to bother

You report on an IRA only when you put something in or take something out. Activity that happens within the IRA is not reported on your tax return.
Many brokers delay issuing a 1099-B for taxable accounts until the middle of February, so if you have a taxable account, you should wait until you get the 1099-B before filing.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You report on an IRA only when you put something in or take something out. Activity that happens within the IRA is not reported on your tax return.
Many brokers delay issuing a 1099-B for taxable accounts until the middle of February, so if you have a taxable account, you should wait until you get the 1099-B before filing.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies