Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

afay73

My 9 year old's custodial account had dividends and interest totaling $1,130.47 for 2018. This seems to be over the $1050 limit. How do I claim this on Turobotax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

My 9 year old's custodial account had dividends and interest totaling $1,130.47 for 2018. This seems to be over the $1050 limit. How do I claim this on Turobotax?

Delete duplicate answer

You can report the child's unearned income on your tax return using Form 8814 -

Enter kiddie tax in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to kiddie tax

afay73

Thank you - I am in there but I am confused on it asking how much of the capital gains distribution is  subject to the 28% tax rate. NO idea on how to answer this - how would I know?

The bank or brokerage would have indicated that on the 1099-DIV or other document.  You can leave that field blank if you have no information concerning that 28% tax rate.  
afay73

OK great - thanks so much for your help! Finished it so I should be good!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies