Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

caren-dortch
Returning Member

Can I deduct storage costs for rental property tools and supplies and where do I input it on Schedule E

We own 3 rentals. We rented storage unit to store tools, painting supplies, ladders and other supplies used for our properties. Is it deductible and where do you input?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

Can I deduct storage costs for rental property tools and supplies and where do I input it on Schedule E

Yes, you can deduct storage costs as a rental expense as Other Expenses. When going through the expense section, you will be able to enter your own description (such as storage rent) and the amount. The data entry appears after commmon expenses, mortgage interest  are entered. Continue through the interview until you arrive at Any Other Expenses screen.  Please see attached picture.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

Yes, you can deduct storage costs as a rental expense as Other Expenses. When going through the expense section, you will be able to enter your own description (such as storage rent) and the amount. The data entry appears after commmon expenses, mortgage interest  are entered. Continue through the interview until you arrive at Any Other Expenses screen.  Please see attached picture.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies