Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is Section 199A "Rental Real Estate Safe Harbor Statement" in my tax returns, despite answering "None of these apply" to the Q "Do you want to use safe harbor.."?

My wife rented out a room in our house, on AirBNB (for almost half a year in 2019). For which, TurboTax added a form "Schedule E". We also answered "None of these apply" to the Q "Do you want to use safe harbor to qualify this property for a deduction"?

In the review section of the Tax Returns, I downloaded the returns as a PDF and now see Section 199A "Rental Real Estate Safe Harbor Statement" in the last 2 pages (duplicated), the first one being bookmarked as "Section 199A Rental Real Estate Safe Harbor Statement" and the second one being bookmarked as "Schedule E worksheet - Safe harbor stm".

Is this a bug in TurboTax? Why is the form in the tax returns?

Note: I do see the form is filled (name, SSN etc.), but below the "Under penalty of perjury ...", The name and Date are empty.

Product: Turbo Tax Premier DVD (On Windows)

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why is Section 199A "Rental Real Estate Safe Harbor Statement" in my tax returns, despite answering "None of these apply" to the Q "Do you want to use safe harbor.."?

1 Reply

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies