abhinaysama

Why is Section 199A "Rental Real Estate Safe Harbor Statement" in my tax returns, despite answering "None of these apply" to the Q "Do you want to use safe harbor.."?

My wife rented out a room in our house, on AirBNB (for almost half a year in 2019). For which, TurboTax added a form "Schedule E". We also answered "None of these apply" to the Q "Do you want to use safe harbor to qualify this property for a deduction"?

In the review section of the Tax Returns, I downloaded the returns as a PDF and now see Section 199A "Rental Real Estate Safe Harbor Statement" in the last 2 pages (duplicated), the first one being bookmarked as "Section 199A Rental Real Estate Safe Harbor Statement" and the second one being bookmarked as "Schedule E worksheet - Safe harbor stm".

Is this a bug in TurboTax? Why is the form in the tax returns?

Note: I do see the form is filled (name, SSN etc.), but below the "Under penalty of perjury ...", The name and Date are empty.

Product: Turbo Tax Premier DVD (On Windows)

tagteam

tagteam