Where do I list HOA fees and other expenses when rental property is being used under fair market value? Do I include the HOA in the misc. income as well?

lauralee3911

ScottT

Under Income & Expenses tab, enter the HOA and other expenses in the Self-employment income and expenses section.

How to enter self-employed business expenses.

1. Start from the main Tax Home page
  2. Click on Take me to my return
  3. Click on the left side Federal tab
  4. On the top, click on Income & Expenses
  5. Scroll down and select Add or Edit next to the Rental Properties section (You will need to enter the rental information if you have not set it up)
  6. Go through and answer each page interview questions. Then, you will be directed to the "Review Your Rental Summary" page
  7. Click on Update at the Expenses section
  8. Select I'll choose what I work on
  9. Enter the expense at the Common Expenses page (see attached screen print file)
  10. To save your work, click on Continue