turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I enter a long-term capital loss carryover & ST capital loss carryover on my Turbo Tax form (using Premier)?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where do I enter a long-term capital loss carryover & ST capital loss carryover on my Turbo Tax form (using Premier)?

Are you asking about a loss to carry forward to next year?  Or a carryover loss from last year?  You don't enter anything to make a carry forward, that is automatic.

For a Loss from last year you didn't see this spot?

CapLossCarryover.jpg

View solution in original post

5 Replies

If you transferred your prior return it should be already filled in.

Enter a Capital Loss Carryover under

Federal Taxes or Personal (Home & Business)

Wages and Income

Then scroll down to Investment Income

Capital Loss Carryovers - Click the Start or Update button

TY Volvo Girl, but it didnt work. I am using online Premier. Used to always use CD's. The investment sales area has no dropdown for carry forward losses. I have the same issue with last year's refund. The lack of CD's on new computers plus the shift to TT online is really frustrating!!! 

Are you asking about a loss to carry forward to next year?  Or a carryover loss from last year?  You don't enter anything to make a carry forward, that is automatic.

For a Loss from last year you didn't see this spot?

CapLossCarryover.jpg

And did you figure out how to transfer from 2019 on your computer into the Online version?  You can.  Also it is just as easy or easier to download the program if you don't have a CD drive.  If you buy the CD it has instructions how to download it instead.  Or you can just buy the Download.  And as you probably found the Online version is different and has less features than the Desktop program.  And you can only do 1 return.  

Thanks again. Once I saw where to go, it was quite easy.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies