bendowdy3

What if I pay rent?

I am filing for someone else who does not have internet access. I put down that they don't pay rent, but they do. Now I can't start over because it says I have already registered the account. What now?

What if I pay rent?

There is not a rent deduction or credit on your Federal return.  If your state has anything for renters you will be prompted to enter your rent info when you complete your state return.  As far as I know, the states that have anything for rent are Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Wisconsin. I don't know if there are any others.