turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

snahayes

We are VA residents (due to rental property) and pay VA income and property tax, but we are assigned overseas for years at a time (my wife is a US Foreign Service Officer). We buy everything via mail order (shipped through the US diplomatic pouch out of V

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

We are VA residents (due to rental property) and pay VA income and property tax, but we are assigned overseas for years at a time (my wife is a US Foreign Service Officer). We buy everything via mail order (shipped through the US diplomatic pouch out of V

You do not need to report any of these "out-of-state" purchases in the VA state tax interview. 

The only items that would be reported are those purchased from outside VA (with no VA sales tax collected) for use in VA. Your purchases for overseas use do not apply.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ToddL

Are you asking about the "out-of-state" purchases  interview (internet sales)?
snahayes

Yes, this is in regards to out-of-state purchases. Sorry, it must have gotten cut off as it was stated in the main question block.
ToddL

You do not need to report any of these "out-of-state" purchases in the VA state tax interview. 

The only items that would be reported are those purchased from outside VA (with no VA sales tax collected) for use in VA. Your purchases for overseas use do not apply.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies