Solved: We are VA residents (due to rental property) and pay VA income and property tax, but we are assigned overseas for years at a time (my wife is a US Foreign Service Officer). We buy everything via mail order (shipped through the US diplomatic pouch out of V

snahayes

We are VA residents (due to rental property) and pay VA income and property tax, but we are assigned overseas for years at a time (my wife is a US Foreign Service Officer). We buy everything via mail order (shipped through the US diplomatic pouch out of V

ToddL

You do not need to report any of these "out-of-state" purchases in the VA state tax interview. 

The only items that would be reported are those purchased from outside VA (with no VA sales tax collected) for use in VA. Your purchases for overseas use do not apply.

ToddL

Are you asking about the "out-of-state" purchases  interview (internet sales)?
snahayes

Yes, this is in regards to out-of-state purchases. Sorry, it must have gotten cut off as it was stated in the main question block.
ToddL