Solved: "Was this (rental) property your residence in the past?" Do I answer yes if I grew up in the house & just purchased it from my mom in 2017 and rented it out immediately?

"Was this (rental) property your residence in the past?" Do I answer yes if I grew up in the house & just purchased it from my mom in 2017 and rented it out immediately?

No. Answer the question from this perspective: "Was the (rental) property your residence while you were the owner?"

When you do that, your answer is "NO".

If you have additional questions or details regarding this, please feel free to post in the comments for further clarification.

When you do that, your answer is "NO".