reallypeggy

Vacation rental expenses I know TT will prorate the expense based on personal days used. WHERE DO I PUT THAT INFORMATION IN?

JulieCo

If you go to the rental property section of TurboTax (search for rentals and then select the Jump to link in the search result), then continue through the slides about the rental property to get to the screen where it asks for the Type of Rental (see the sample screenshot) - select Vacation or Short Term rental.  Then continue through to the screen where it asks if the Property was Rented All Year?  Select NO and then you will be asked to submit the days rented and days of personal use.  See the sample screenshot attached.  You will need to use TurboTax Premier or above to enter Rental Property Income and Expenses.

ratings image
JulieCo