Solved: Turbotax insists I fill in capital gains wks untitled pt iii ln1 description but I sold no stock in 2016

Turbotax insists I fill in capital gains wks untitled pt iii ln1 description but I sold no stock in 2016

I had capital gains in 2015 and filled in the Capital Gains wksht, but did not sell anything in 2016. However, TT will not let me complete my taxes and keeps sending me back for description.

It may have carried forth this information from last year. You can delete it entirely from your return by:

1. click on "My Account
  2. click on "Tools"
  3. click on "Delete a Form"
  4. A list of all forms currently being used for your return will appear. Scroll down the list and locate Capital Gains Worksheet
  5. Click delete directly next to the form. Confirm that you want the form deleted

1. click on "My Account
  2. click on "Tools"
  3. click on "Delete a Form"