ruegseggerr

Turbo tax premeir did not remove sales from form 8949 when I deleted the 1099B

Turbo tax created both a long term and short term form 8949 from my 1099B entry.  I deleted the 1099B but the short term form 8949 will not delete.  It goes away for a few seconds and then shows up again as Form 8949 (copy3).  I need to delete it and reenter the 1099B.  It is a long term sale.

fanfare

edit or update your useable 1099-B entries.
Delete the invalid 1099-B entries.

Your Schedule D/8949 should be correct.

Make sure all your transactions are in the correct Sales Category.

ruegseggerr

I deleted the 1099B but the short term 8949 is still there and won't delete
Sandi B

How to delete an entry that appears on Form 8949?  It was generated by my incorrect input on a schedule 1099 B but turbo tax won't delete the form 8949.  If I try to delete the form, it will not delete.  when I override the incorrect amount to zero, it creates error messages that will prevent e-filing.

MCA4

I have a similar problem. I deleted the entries and the forms. I then re-entered all the info but the 8949 still shows the erroneous entry. It appears it reside in the background and I don't know how to get to it to delete it.

MCA4

For my situation, I had filed before I found the mistake. I went into the forms area (form me it was 8949 copy 2) and I right clicked the field it was still showing up. This allowed me to backspace and delete the fields that were not suppose to be there. I checked a couple of times and it is still clean. I will check in the morning to make sure it is still correct. I was able to file and now I have to amend the return. Good luck!