Tax exempt interest on municipal bonds

Tax exempt interest on municipal bonds

I receive tax exempt interest on municipal bonds, from Louisiana and different states.  I need to know where to enter the others beside LA. to back the income from others states back to LA.
Where in turbo tax do I enter that

Tax exempt interest on municipal bonds

You get the break down, by state,  from your mutual fund company. If they did not provide a breakdown, you check the box “I earned tax exempt dividends in more than one state” on the first screen after entering the 1099-INT or 1099-DIV. Then select  "More than one state" at the bottom of the state  scroll down list.

If your mutual fund company provided you a breakdown, you are only interested in your home state*. Multiply the % for your state by your total tax exempt dividends to get a $ amount (you can't enter the % in TurboTax [TT]). When asked which state, check the box "I earned tax exempt dividends in more than one state". In the drop down menu, select your state and enter the $ amount you calculated. In the 2nd box, select "More than one state" (at the bottom of the scroll down list) and enter the remaining dollar amount.

*Your state will tax all the dividends except the dividends from municipal bonds  from your state.