turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I input info to turbotax related to stock dividend as estimate in return before I receive the K-1?

I have to complete my taxes before I receive any K-1's for aid purposes. I will receive a K-1 for a stock dividend and I would prefer to include some kind of estimate to include that in my income with my initial return. Then I will file an amended return after I receive the K-1. Can I do that through turbotax or will I need the actual K-1 before I can enter any of that information?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

Can I input info to turbotax related to stock dividend as estimate in return before I receive the K-1?

Sure, you can do that, just enter it  as though you had received the k-1 already.  Don't mark anything as estimated because that prevents e-filing.

You would begin by typing k-1 in the Find window on the upper left, Hit Enter, then click the Jump To.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anita01

Sure, you can do that, just enter it  as though you had received the k-1 already.  Don't mark anything as estimated because that prevents e-filing.

You would begin by typing k-1 in the Find window on the upper left, Hit Enter, then click the Jump To.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies