gwhite1

Schedule D: Since the broker reported basis to the IRS, do I have to itemize each trade or do I just put in the net long term and net short term?

I do not want to list pages of trades.  If I must report them individually,  how can I attach a copy of the broker statement to my return?

KatherineC

If your sales qualify, you can indicate that you are entering a summary amount for each category.  (See screenshot below)  Please click on the blue "Learn More" link, to see which sales qualify to be summarized.

You will need to mail in a statement.  Within the information at the "Learn More" link mentioned above, is a link to what information needs to be mailed in.  Just click on "Mail in a statement".  (See the second screenshot below)

KatherineC