Solved: Rental prop schedule asks if I issued a 1099-misc for amount paid over $600 - prop mgmt co issued 1099-misc to me showing breakdown of income/expenses

rabbit63

Rental prop schedule asks if I issued a 1099-misc for amount paid over $600 - prop mgmt co issued 1099-misc to me showing breakdown of income/expenses

Do I answer Yes or No to question - did I issue a 1099-misc? I have a 1099-misc from prop mgmt company I paid

AnnetteB

You would answer No to the question about whether you issued a Form 1099-MISC. 

Even though you “paid” the management company a fee for their services, you are not required to issue a Form 1099-MISC to them.  The requirement for issuing a 1099 only applies to individual sole-proprietors that you may have paid for services. 

AnnetteB