d8447

Rental mortgage interest

In the Turbo Tax program It asks for Mortgage interest in the rental income section and it also asks for it on the 1098  in deduction section? Since I alreday listed it in the rental section do I only list my personal house in the deduction section or do I list all my 1098's here ?(even though I already accounted for it)

TomD8

Rental mortgage interest

Rental mortgage interest is entered ONLY as a rental expense.  Do not enter it in any other section. Rental mortgage interest goes to Schedule E; personal mortgage interest goes to Schedule A.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

TomD8

Rental mortgage interest