turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbid
Returning Member

Rectifying Federal and Maryland non-resident rental income

I have rental properties in my resident state (Illinois) and in Maryland, plus a small oil rights royalty from OK. The Maryland property had $11,041 resulting from $21,180 rents minus $10,139 expenses. The Illinois property was vacant (and being renovated) and had a $1,526 loss and the royalty $813.  Carrying forward 2019 losses resulted in a total rental income of $11,853; losses of $22,566 for a total loss of $10,712.

When computing my Non-resident Maryland income verification section, TT indicates only the $813 royalty in the federal 'rents, royalties, and K-1'  and asks that I indicate the amount that is not attributed to Maryland. How do I report the $11,041 Maryland income? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
WSO
Level 3

Rectifying Federal and Maryland non-resident rental income

I think TT MD is missing a column to report K-1 income/losses.  If you go to MD Form 505 in forms you see a column for MD income, including a block 10 for rental income/losses.  You can override to put in there.  TT will tell you overrides mean you can't efile.  But until TT includes a columne for MD K-1 income in addition to non MD K-1 income there is no other place. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies