turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

peco2130

I received $15,000 towards a business venture from two different people. We’ve incurred nearly $15,000 in expenses in 2020. We’ve since decided to launch the venture as a non profit, under a

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I received $15,000 towards a business venture from two different people. We’ve incurred nearly $15,000 in expenses in 2020. We’ve since decided to launch the venture as a non profit, under a

ASAP seek local professional assistance to get this set up correctly ... a non profit has many many hoops to jump thru and should not be considered lightly.  Failure to do things properly can cost you all dearly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

TT does not handle form 990's.  in addition for it to be a non-profit you must seek a determination letter from the IRS form 1023 or EZ. there is a fee. you should be using the services of a lawyer because there are legal documents that must be prepared and included that are outside the scope of tax returns. 

• Organizing document (required).
• Amendments to your organizing
document in chronological order (required
if applicable).
• Bylaws or other rules of operation and
amendments (if adopted).
• Form 2848, Power of Attorney and
Declaration of Representative (if
applicable).
• Form 8821, Tax Information
Authorization (if applicable).
• Supplemental responses (if your