turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tellerik
Returning Member

I loaned my (3 member) LLC money, how do I code the 1065, and Schedule K Reconciliation Worksheet?

I loaned ex ($3000) to the LLC (3 partner LLC) this last year. It shows up on 1065 Schedule L, line19a as $3000. Which gets transfered to the Partners' Liabilities Smart Worksheet in Line D, for $3000.

How should Form 1065 Schedule K Reconciliation sheet be coded in the K-1 K(3) Liab column? $1000 for each partner or $1500 for the other partners, and 0 for me?

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I loaned my (3 member) LLC money, how do I code the 1065, and Schedule K Reconciliation Worksheet?

YOU loaned the money so only YOU get full credit added to your basis.

I agree with @Critter-3

You need to code this as recourse debt allocated specifically to you (100%).

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.
Tellerik
Returning Member

Thanks for your feedback, however I am a little confused, how do I allocate 100% to me?  On the 1065 Schedule L, Partner's Liabilities Smart Worksheet, I have the $3000 in line D "Recourse".   However on the Schedule K Reconciliation form, how should I enter the values in the K-1 K(3) Liab column?  Do I enter $3000 under my name or $1500 for each of the other partners?  Please answer as if you are talking to a newbee, as that is what I am.  🙂

Thanks

Tellerik
Returning Member

OK, I might be getting somewhere.  I created a SA - Special Allocation on the K-1 Worksheet and then entered that on the Partner's Liabilities Smart Worksheet.  My question is, should the Partners' Liability be allocated 100% to me or 50% to each of the other two partners.  Remember, I am the one that loaned the money to the Partnership.  Thanks.

100% to you.  You loaned the money.  You are the member that is at-risk if the money is not paid.  So, 100% recourse to you.

Tellerik
Returning Member

Thanks Rick, I don't think I really understood the term 'Recourse' at first.  After reading more and your response, I get it, that it is the person that is at Risk, which would be me.  So I coded the SA (Special Allocation) in TurboTax 1065 form to list me 100% for the Recourse amount.  Thanks for your help.

You are welcome.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies