Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I access Schedule E Rental Depreciation Schedule from the 2018 return file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DavidS127
Expert Alumni

How can I access Schedule E Rental Depreciation Schedule from the 2018 return file?

If you used TurboTax Online last year, you can click here to find the instructions for accessing your prior year tax return.  For your convenience, here is the text from the article:

When you sign in, make sure you're using the same TurboTax account (with the same username) as in prior years.

1. Select Documents from the navigation when it appears.
  2. Use the drop-down menu at the top of the screen to choose the tax year you want and then select Download PDF.

You'll want to select the option that has "all the worksheets".  Within that PDF of your 2018 tax return with the worksheets, you will find the depreciation schedule for the depreciation you claimed for your Schedule E rental in 2018.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jaquiring

@DavidS127

I don't know if this used to work, but there's no drop down option, just "Download/print return (PDF)"

How can we get the depreciation schedule used to calculate Line 18 of Schedule E? This schedule isn't anywhere in the download documents, and I need this for this years' taxes. 

Carl
Level 15

You *MUST* download the 2018 PDF file to your computer. that PDF file will have all the calculation forms and worksheets in it. You can't do jack squat with that PDF file until *AFTER* you have physically downloaded it to your computer. Then you can open it with the free Adobe Acrobat Reader program, or any other PDF reader/editor program you may already have on your computer.  What you're looking for is in that PDF file.

jaquiring

Please don't patronize me. 

No it's not. I DID download the pdf, and I DID open it in Adobe Acrobat. There is a Schedule E within the pdf, but line 18 on Schedule E lists the "Depreciation Expense or Depletion" and there's no depreciation schedule associated with that amount anywhere within the pdf. That is true not just for the 2018 return, but also all the returns from 2014-2019. There is no depreciation schedule in any of the pdfs. 

The PDF must be 100+ pages long so keep scrolling until you see the depreciation worksheet looking back at you ... it will be  in landscape format ...  1....jpg

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies