Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Book keeping for LLC

For any business you need to keep book. How much came and went. Payable and receivable and wage.

Business bookkeeping (where you deal with customers) is very different as there are many CASH transactions and expenses. Intuit has Quicken Books for small business.

Lets say I only want to use LLC for securities trading. What will be book keeping for that particular LLC as all of your activity will be on monthly statements down to penny. Or you can Pull Activity Report by time period or activity type etc. Even expenses like I paid for subscription or data feed that will also be on monthly statement.

Q. What exactly will be book keeping for trading LLC?

I don't  intend to use this LLC as personal bank account. Right now my expenses are subject to 2% AGI and am not able to deduct single $ of legitimate expenses. LLC has its expense benefits (expense mean business expense which generates income) and it flows via Sch C.

Its funny I mentioned this idea of LLC, first thing I heard and people assume is something funny or perhaps illegal or I don't understand it is not same as your personal bank account etc.

People don't consider stock trading as business even though you generate tax revenue but don't get any benefit from running a business. You can sit home all day and create YouTube Channel and make some funny videos, this is business!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Book keeping for LLC

@Anonymous wrote:

Q. What exactly will be book keeping for trading LLC?

It is most likely not going to look like much since your brokerage firm will issue you some sort of tax reporting statement (e.g., 1099-B) from which you can report your trading activities and your expenses will probably be rather minimal in comparison to other types of businesses. 

Beyond the foregoing, it is unclear as to what, exactly, you are looking for in terms of guidance.

Book keeping for LLC

@Anonymous 

You keep asking this question and getting answers but are you reading/understanding them ?  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/529325

Instead of getting information you don't seem to agree with from nameless faceless users on this public forum I highly recommend you seek local professional guidance on this matter.  Once you have all the facts then you can make an educated decision.   Good luck in your future ventures. 

Book keeping for LLC

You should address your question to the Quickbooks community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Book keeping for LLC

Critter-3

You keep asking this question and getting answers but are you reading/understanding them ?

It seems like you have pre conceived bias either against me or my posts.

Since I asked question, it means that information i wants to know and I don't know the answer. At the same time I did some research posted some examples what are possibilities or how it could look like?

I did mention in earlier post I am NOT yet able to find suitable (with experience in a situation like me) CPA/accountant locally. I did find in some other state. That person has expertise primarily dealing with stock/derivative traders. He charges $350/hour consultation fees and their 'minimum" tax preparation fees is $1500 plus hourly on top of that. I never thought CPAs hourly rates are similar to lawyers. He uses "special" software (TT or quicken is NOT good enough for him, which client has to pay extra) and that software company pays him rebate as well (this information is in disclosure). I have to provide every thing electronic copy which he will import nothing manual entry. Since he is NOT a lawyer but he has a buddy who will take care of legal stuff of entity formation. I can go my state's secretary of state website and apply for new entity but that CPA use a special company who forms entity for trader (of course there is fees paid by client and rebate to CPA).

It seems like every one is trader these days and these people see Gold Rush. It seems like there is very little or none savings after deducting all of my trading related expenses and paying CPA related fees (right now it seems like CPA related fees are much more than any trading related expenses. I can buy decent Trading Computer under $1500). Not sure if I want to pay $5000- $10000 per year for my taxes and entity related expenses.  Right now I am just paying $50 for TT software and DIY and no deduction of any expenses. Traders are audited lot more often. Their audit representation rates are through the roof. To me it sound like "first create a problem by luring people into entity formation then get hired to solve to the problem".

On one hand he is glorifying benefits of TTS and 475 election and entity esp. S corp formation. But when I look I potential savings. Even with deductions/tax savings (this includes his fees) of all this, I will still be in red (right now I am NOT able to deduct these expenses).

To me sound like I will paying him to run his business. To me in order to deduct 100 (almost 40% tax saving at top tax rate) and I will be spending like another 100 to look like professional (with entity formation).

If someone is offering to charge me $1000/year in book keeping. I want to understand what exactly he/she will be doing in my case when there is NOT much book keeping as my trading business is NOT same as any typical business. There are NO employees (other than owner) and customers or invoices or bill to pay etc or money moving in or out of entity. Whatever money is, it stays within entity.

Book keeping for LLC

Well a CPA cannot use any TT program ... they must use a professional program  and Quickbooks will not handle stock sales properly.  So good luck with your ventures. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies