Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099-MISC Distribution

I received (1) 1099-MISC reporting my rental income for several properties.  Turbo Tax only allows me to select the Schedule E for (1) property instead of allowing me to disburse the appropriate amount to each property.  How should I handle this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AlexanderS08
Expert Alumni

1099-MISC Distribution

The most detailed way to handle this would be to just enter the correct amount of rent with each property. If you use the same information from the 1099-MISC for the Payer and Payer ID, as long as the total sums up to what was reported on your Schedule E that is what matters.

For example, lets say your 1099-MISC says $10,000 for two properties and it should be $6,000 for one and $4,000 for the other. Pretend like you had two 1099's from the same payer (I'm guessing your property manager) and enter $6,000 for one and $4,000 for the other using the same information provided on your 1099-MISC for everything else but the amount.

In this way, you aren't forced to select "Just one" property.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JAA1
Returning Member

1099-MISC Distribution

Hi AlexanderS08. I have one rental property that is professionally managed and received a 1099-MISC which shows the total rents received. I am using TurboTax Premier, how/where do I enter the management fees and repair expenses?

Thank you so much  

AlexanderS08
Expert Alumni

1099-MISC Distribution

Under "Income & Deductions" navigate to "Rents, Royalties, & Farms" and select "Rental Properties and Royalties (Sch. E)."

Then select edit next to the property (or if you have not set up a property yet you would add the property) and navigate to the "expenses" section. There should boxes for management or professional fees as well as repair expenses. Input your expenses in those boxes.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies