turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If the IRS is still working on form 4562 and I purchased a new truck how do I report my purchase on my income tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
galavizmi

If the IRS is still working on form 4562 and I purchased a new truck how do I report my purchase on my income tax?

Please see the Form 4562 Information on the IRS website: https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-4562. There does not appear to be any indication that the IRS is still working on the form.

When I was working on my taxes Home and Business Turbotax back on April 15, I   imputed my truck information and at the end a window would pop up and stated "You've done a great job staring your taxes early, but the IRS is still working on finishing up the Depreciation and Amortization area (Form 4562) for 2018. That means this area isn't quite ready yet." This was on April 15, 2019, this is the reason I asked the question.

You need to update your program.  Go up to Online - Check for Updates.
hra5b
Returning Member

I'm having the same issue with Form 4562.  It keeps saying

"the IRS is still working on finishing up the Depreciation and Amortization area (Form 4562).  That means this area isn't quite ready yet.  EMAIL me when this form is ready (link)."

It also says "We expect this form to be ready for you on 01/21/2020."

It's July 7, 2020 and I have manually updated the program 3 times (like you suggested) and it says I'm updated.   I'm stuck and need help.  Please advise on next steps.

Thank you!!!

Uninstall the program and install it again.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies