Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Out of state Rental Property

We have a rental property in Texas which is managed by a third party who sends me a 100-misc, do I have to complete a schedule E (Rental Real Estate and Royalties) on that property also?

1 Reply
Level 15

Out of state Rental Property

Yes, the rental property needs to be reported in the Federal return and also your resident state return (if your resident state has income tax) and there is no non-resident return as Texas does not have state income tax. 

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings