turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Rented a Massachusetts apt from Jan 1 - Jul 31, 2018. On Aug 1, 2018, I moved into my new home I bought (May 1st but was repairing). Can I claim the MA Rental Deduction?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Ashby

Rented a Massachusetts apt from Jan 1 - Jul 31, 2018. On Aug 1, 2018, I moved into my new home I bought (May 1st but was repairing). Can I claim the MA Rental Deduction?

Nothing in the MA code says you cannot. More importantly, the state allows part-year and nonresidents to claim the deduction. So, you are fine to take the deduction. The maximum is $3,000.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ashby

Nothing in the MA code says you cannot. More importantly, the state allows part-year and nonresidents to claim the deduction. So, you are fine to take the deduction. The maximum is $3,000.

Thanks a bunch for such a quick review and reply to my MA rental deduction question!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies