turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ma99-3

My 1099 MISC lists the box number for my income as "Royalties 2". TurboTax does not have a box 2 blank - only 3 and 7. Where do I list the income from this source.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

My 1099 MISC lists the box number for my income as "Royalties 2". TurboTax does not have a box 2 blank - only 3 and 7. Where do I list the income from this source.

There are several places to enter a 1099-MISC; you just need to find the right one.

Do a Search (upper right) on schedule e and click on the jump-to link. Indicate that you have a rent or royalty so you can start the interview.

Go through the screens, remembering that any questions about rentals don't apply to you.

Eventually, you will get to say that you have a royalty. Keep going, because it will ask you a number of questions about the source of your royalty.

At last, TurboTax will ask you if the royalty was reported on a 1099-MISC. Answer "yes", and in two more screens, you'll get to enter that Box 2 amount.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

All rental and royalty income is reported on SCH E, weather you get a 1099-MISC or not. It's under the Business tab and called "Rental & Royalty Income (SCH E)" When you start working it through *PAY* *ATTENTION*. By default, "rental property" will be selected. It's up to you to change that selection to royalty income.

Hal_Al
Level 15

At the 1099-Misc screen, scroll down.  You'll see a link: My 1099-Misc has more boxes than this (or some such wording)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies