turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

scovart

I have a 2017 capital loss carryover of 3K with no 2018 capital gains to apply it to. Can I reduce my income by 3K? if so why isn't turbotax automatically doing this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a 2017 capital loss carryover of 3K with no 2018 capital gains to apply it to. Can I reduce my income by 3K? if so why isn't turbotax automatically doing this?

Look at Sch 1 line 13 Capital loss on the 2018 return, and it will be listed there if it was transferred from prior year.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Did you transfer in the loss form 2017 to 2018?

Have you looked at Sch 1 line 13 Capital loss on the 2018 return?
scovart

Found Sc1 and it is being calculated correctly. Thank you so much, big help!!!!

Great I am going to post a very short answer so others know this is answered.

Look at Sch 1 line 13 Capital loss on the 2018 return, and it will be listed there if it was transferred from prior year.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies