Solved: Living in FL owning a rental property in CT. Student Loan interest, can I deduct on my non resident State Income tax?

rickspfc75

Living in FL owning a rental property in CT. Student Loan interest, can I deduct on my non resident State Income tax?

I live in FL but own a rental property in CT. I have student loan interest to deduct. Turbo Tax asks me how much of my student loan interest should be allocated to CT? How much do I enter? The whole amount or zero?

DS30

No - you will not be able to claim student loan interest on your CT nonresident state income tax return if you are a resident of FL.  (Therefore you will allocate zero ($0) amount of your student loan interest to your CT nonresident state income tax return.

DS30