turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It keeps telling me on schedule E that I need to list separate address for rents and royalties, but they are on the same property. It won't allow me to proceed.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It keeps telling me on schedule E that I need to list separate address for rents and royalties, but they are on the same property. It won't allow me to proceed.

Due to the tax treatment of rental versus the Royalties income, IRS has you show this as two properties.  

So you will enter the 1099Misc twice, one showing only the rental income and expenses, and then once with Royalty income and expenses (and depletion if applicable). 

No income will be duplicated and expenses will be listed in either Rental and Royalties but not twice.

Post a comment if this does not resolve this. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Due to the tax treatment of rental versus the Royalties income, IRS has you show this as two properties.  

So you will enter the 1099Misc twice, one showing only the rental income and expenses, and then once with Royalty income and expenses (and depletion if applicable). 

No income will be duplicated and expenses will be listed in either Rental and Royalties but not twice.

Post a comment if this does not resolve this. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies