turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Issue w/ Check This Entry schedule E Line 3-1099-MISC Income from Real estate and income from royalties must be reported as separate properties on Schedule E.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

Issue w/ Check This Entry schedule E Line 3-1099-MISC Income from Real estate and income from royalties must be reported as separate properties on Schedule E.

In the Schedule E Worksheet (Rentals or Royalties) you have entered income for both rental income (line 3) and royalty income (line 4). Can't do that. Those must be separate activities for reporting on Schedule E page 1.

Can't do that, but Turbotax has done it for me. I can't delete line 3 in red, it won't let me. Deleting line 4 doesn't solve the problem. This is preventing me from efiling. How exactly do you solve this problem? Put another way, what do we type or delete on Schedule E to solve this problem? It appears to be a glitch.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies