turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

leifwil

I am using 2016 Home Business and I have a question as to how I record rental income from an apartment in my home? Can you tell me where to go or look? Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnC11

I am using 2016 Home Business and I have a question as to how I record rental income from an apartment in my home? Can you tell me where to go or look? Thanks

In case there were any changes in the flow from last year, I did this on my own account using the following:

• I Chose "My Account" at the top.
  • I Chose "Tools"
  • I Chose "Topic Search"
  • I entered "Schedule E" and pressed (Enter)

That took me to Business/Business Income and Expenses/Income from Rentals or Royalty Property You Own.

If this helped you, please up-vote this answer so I know you were taken care of 100%. If we need to work together further to get it resolved, please comment...we'll get it taken care of together.

I'm here to help.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JohnC11

In case there were any changes in the flow from last year, I did this on my own account using the following:

• I Chose "My Account" at the top.
  • I Chose "Tools"
  • I Chose "Topic Search"
  • I entered "Schedule E" and pressed (Enter)

That took me to Business/Business Income and Expenses/Income from Rentals or Royalty Property You Own.

If this helped you, please up-vote this answer so I know you were taken care of 100%. If we need to work together further to get it resolved, please comment...we'll get it taken care of together.

I'm here to help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies