turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gwhite1

Schedule D: Since the broker reported basis to the IRS, do I have to itemize each trade or do I just put in the net long term and net short term?

I do not want to list pages of trades.  If I must report them individually,  how can I attach a copy of the broker statement to my return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Schedule D: Since the broker reported basis to the IRS, do I have to itemize each trade or do I just put in the net long term and net short term?

If your sales qualify, you can indicate that you are entering a summary amount for each category.  (See screenshot below)  Please click on the blue "Learn More" link, to see which sales qualify to be summarized.

You will need to mail in a statement.  Within the information at the "Learn More" link mentioned above, is a link to what information needs to be mailed in.  Just click on "Mail in a statement".  (See the second screenshot below)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If your sales qualify, you can indicate that you are entering a summary amount for each category.  (See screenshot below)  Please click on the blue "Learn More" link, to see which sales qualify to be summarized.

You will need to mail in a statement.  Within the information at the "Learn More" link mentioned above, is a link to what information needs to be mailed in.  Just click on "Mail in a statement".  (See the second screenshot below)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies