turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The form is directing me towards self-employed. I'd like to go a different avenue, since I am NOT self-employed. I have an external employer and I get some rental income.

please tell me how to access a different turbo tax program.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CharityB

The form is directing me towards self-employed. I'd like to go a different avenue, since I am NOT self-employed. I have an external employer and I get some rental income.

If you have not already paid, here are instructions on how to downgrade:

In TurboTax Online, you can clear and start over as long as you haven't paid or registered yet (free users are asked to register their accounts before they file).

Note: You can’t clear and start over using the mobile app. Instead, log in to your TurboTax account from a desktop or mobile browser to clear and start over.

1. Sign in to TurboTax Online and open your return by clicking the orange Take me to my return button.
  2. With your screen maximized, click My Account (at the top of your screen toward the right) and select Clear & Start Over. (If on a tablet or phone, you may find the Clear & Start Over option by clicking the three parallel lines, or “hamburger”, in the top left corner.)
  3. Answer Yes to Are you sure you want to clear your return?
  4. After your entries have been cleared out, we'll prompt you to select a TurboTax product so you can start over from the very beginning.

A reason you might want to clear and start over is if you think you’re in a higher-priced version of TurboTax and don’t need to be. Have a look below under Related Information for more details.

If you're signed in under last year's login, once you clear and start over we'll automatically transfer last year's info over if you select the PLUS upgrade, Deluxe, Premier, or Self-Employed. Federal Free Edition (without PLUS) does not include the year-over-year transfer feature.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CharityB

If you have not already paid, here are instructions on how to downgrade:

In TurboTax Online, you can clear and start over as long as you haven't paid or registered yet (free users are asked to register their accounts before they file).

Note: You can’t clear and start over using the mobile app. Instead, log in to your TurboTax account from a desktop or mobile browser to clear and start over.

1. Sign in to TurboTax Online and open your return by clicking the orange Take me to my return button.
  2. With your screen maximized, click My Account (at the top of your screen toward the right) and select Clear & Start Over. (If on a tablet or phone, you may find the Clear & Start Over option by clicking the three parallel lines, or “hamburger”, in the top left corner.)
  3. Answer Yes to Are you sure you want to clear your return?
  4. After your entries have been cleared out, we'll prompt you to select a TurboTax product so you can start over from the very beginning.

A reason you might want to clear and start over is if you think you’re in a higher-priced version of TurboTax and don’t need to be. Have a look below under Related Information for more details.

If you're signed in under last year's login, once you clear and start over we'll automatically transfer last year's info over if you select the PLUS upgrade, Deluxe, Premier, or Self-Employed. Federal Free Edition (without PLUS) does not include the year-over-year transfer feature.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies