awmuth

If the sale of an LP interest is captured in a brokerage 1099-B, do I still fill out the K-1 sale info or does that double-count gains/losses?

I purchased an interest in NRP through Etrade in 2013.  This year, I sold my interest and took a loss.  The K-1 portion of TurboTax asks me about my sale and cost basis but my Etrade 1099-B already has captured the information.  Additionally, my K-1 from NRP doesn't even include the information TurboTax requests and tells me to "consult your tax professional" to fill out additional forms and get more info.

MichaelL1

If you already reported the sale on a 1099B and you have the basis entered there correctly, do not enter the sale again in the K-1 section.

You are correct, it would be duplicated.