Solved: If I sold my California rental home in 2017 for LESS than what I bought it for in 2007, is to possible that I will have a gain? It was a rental for 4.5 years.

If I sold my California rental home in 2017 for LESS than what I bought it for in 2007, is to possible that I will have a gain? It was a rental for 4.5 years.

Yes, it is possible to have a taxable gain. Depreciation allowed or allowable is subject to 'recapture' (payback) at ordinary income rates, which could be more than your capital loss.