If I owner finance a rental property that has a cost basis of 37k and depreciation of 17k and finance at 34k at 8% for 120 months and how will this effect my 2016 taxes?

The depreciation is recaptured in the year of sale capped at a 25% tax rate then the cap gain can be deferred using the installment sale option and you will have annual interest income to report on the Sch B ... make sure to get the buyer's SS# for that entry. 

http://thismatter.com/money/tax/installment-sales.htm

For how to enter it see the answer here :  https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3062029-i-sold-my-rental-property-with-an-installment-sale-how-do-...

This was posted over 3 years ago. Therefore, this response is just for the purpose of removing it from the unanswered questions queue.

it shows it was posted 3 weeks ago, are the dates all screwed up with the move?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

@Lisa995 wrote:

Yes, and, believe it or not, some were even answered in AXC but the answers did not transfer to this board.