turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

City license fees - rental property

Where should city licensing fees associated to rental property and city rental inspection fees go? Would it belong under "legal and professional expense"?
1 Reply
Expert Alumni

City license fees - rental property

I would not put it under legal and professional fees, as that is typically for the hiring of lawyers, accountants, and other professional advisors.  I would classify it as "Taxes", because that's really what it is - a city tax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies