turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bergene

I've since learned i do not have to pay any tax on capital gains because my adjusted income is low. where do I enter this info to be able to get $$ back taxed in march

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I've since learned i do not have to pay any tax on capital gains because my adjusted income is low. where do I enter this info to be able to get $$ back taxed in march

You'll need to explain more.    Did you already file a 2018 return back in March?    How did you enter the capital gains?  If you entered them correctly, and if you were in the zero percent cap gains rate bracket, then TurboTax should not have had any tax on them.

How did you prepare the return?   Did you use Free Edition?    How did you enter the income from capital gains originally; i.e, under what income topic?     What "type" of capital gains are you referring to?   Are you referring to "capital gain distributions" from a 1099-DIV, or to capital gains from sales of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc. reported to you on a Form 1099-B?    Free Edition does not handle Form 1099-B and Schedule D.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies