marieke316

I think my mortgage interest and real estate taxes may be getting counted twice. Since I rent out part of my home I think I'm only supposed to include it 1 place. Help!

Anita01

That's correct.  If you already entered these amounts in the rental interview and had the program allocate the amounts between rental and personal use, you should not have entered them again under personal deductions.  You can return to the Federal Taxes tab, Deductions and Credits and edit the topics of mortgage interest and property tax to delete duplications.