turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GDTaxHelp
Returning Member

I sold an options put, then later bought to close that put. Date Acquired is now after date sold on 1099-B. TurboTax is confused by this. Do I just reverse the dates?

Sold one PUT option on 2/5, Bought it back on 3/25. 1099-B Tax form from my brokerage had the Date Acquired (box 1b) as 3/25 and the date sold (box 1c) as 2/05.   TurboTax doesn't seem to have an option to cover this common situation.    Do i just reverse the dates?  (I hope I'm missing something because that's a lot of annoying data entry)
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I sold an options put, then later bought to close that put. Date Acquired is now after date sold on 1099-B. TurboTax is confused by this. Do I just reverse the dates?

you are not the first one to report this issue with eth Turbotax online versions. the issue does not occur in the desktop version. contact Turbotax support. 

GDTaxHelp
Returning Member

I'm a little concerned that a financial company like TurboTax doesn't grasp options trading.  If its this bad next year I'd hate to have to switch. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies