cheetah5

I rented vehicles for 2-4 days at a time for a few months to work at our sister clinic in a disaster area. How do I enter this information and where?

MichaelDC

Since these expenses were directly related to employment, they may be deductible as job-related expenses. 

Unreimbursed job-related expenses are deductible on Schedule A (Itemized Deductions) and are subject to the 2% floor for miscellaneous itemized deductions.  To input your job-related expenses (TurboTax Deluxe edition or higher is required to file itemized deductions).

You can simply enter an amount under car rental/travel without having to discuss things like standard mileage or actual expenses (car repair, gas, oil, carwash, etc.)

Please feel free to post any additional details or questions in the comment section.

MichaelDC