JsLsFer

I rented the house part of the year

i rented the house from january to september, so i included the interest and the taxes as part of the expenses related to the rent (the cost times 9/12), now when i want to enter the tax and interest for my own home, should i adjust what comes in the 1098 or will turbotax ask me about it later on?

MinhT

I rented the house part of the year

Yes, as you rented your house for 9 months, you were correct in claiming 9/12 of the property taxes and mortgage interest as rental expenses.

TurboTax will not ask specifically for the part that you can claim as itemized deductions. You should enter them and only claim 3/12 of the amounts of mortgage interest on form 1098 and of property taxes in Deductions and credits > Your Home.

MinhT

I rented the house part of the year