I received a rebate from National Grid for the high efficieny furnace that I purchased in December. I assume that I have to declare this as income. Where dp I enter it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Coleen3

This is not income unless you deducted the amount previously. The Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit expired at the end of 2017.  As of this date the Congress has not renewed the credit for tax year 2018. If you had been able to receive a credit, you would have reduced the purchase price by the rebate.

Coleen3