I received a 1099A for abandonment of a rental house. Does this need to be reported on the 1040? No rental income was received in 2016.

If it's for personal property, such as a home or a car, you don't need to report it in your return. Keep this form for your records in case you get a 1099-C that indicates the debt has actually been forgiven.

If it's for business or investment related property, such as a rental property or company car, please consult a professional, or see IRS publications 544 and 4681 before continuing.